Being hailed as the most compact Smartphone till date by Nokia, Nokia 700 is finally here. Nokia 700 is the latest Symbian Belle running handset which is packed with a mighty 1GHz processor. Besides Nokia 600 and Nokia 701, Nokia 700 is another addition to this group which runs on Symbian Belle OS. Nokia 700 belongs to a mid-range smartphone and tends to attract mainly teenagers. Will this smartphone attract teenagers? Well, Nokia 700 is compact, has an attractive design, and a good screen which makes this smartphone more attractive. Another reason is the Near Field Communications feature which nowadays teenagers are finding it cool and classy. And for the Angry Birds lovers, Nokia 700 is a perfect contender for playing this awesome game.
A first glance, Nokia 700 looks like a small handset. Nokia 700 has a metallic finish which gives you a superior feel. Normally, a problem occurs with some smartphones is that sometimes you can’t use the device with one hand and you can’t get the perfect grip. But here in Nokia 700’s case, you will not find this problem and that’s the beauty of Nokia 700. Nokia 700 will give you the “Perfect” grip which will also allow you to use this device with one hand. The amazing angular curves at the top and bottom also boost this perfect grip.
Nokia 700 features a nice 3.2-inch ClearBlack AMOLED touchscreen display which supports 360 x 640 pixel resolution. Gorilla Glass Technology is used to built a scratch-resistive capacitive display.
Below the display, you will find three navigational buttons with cool backlighting. The microUSB port lies on the top centre, charging point on the right and the 3.5mm audio port on the left. On the bottom, you will find its speaker which disguises you as a slider.
With new OS comes a new UI. Nokia 700 features a fresh navigation and several improvements. You can observe the improvement in the home screen where six customizable home screens is included and you bet it’s smooth. Each home screen has its own wallpaper and the widget can be resized also. The clock on the top gives a sophisticated feeling. The status bar gives a new notification tray which offers four shortcuts. If at all any application is running in the background, it will display a circular icon on the top left corner.
Nokia 700 is perfect for enjoying multimedia. The music has always worked as a magic wand for Nokia for years and the magic continues in Nokia 700. The music experience in Nokia 700 is flawless but many of you might complain the smaller screen size. Nokia 700 also has a stereo FM with RDS which gives better reception. The video player in Nokia 700 supports DivX, Xvid, MP4 and even .mkv file formats. Though, Nokia 700’s hardware is not that powerful to support the full 1080p HD video playback. An applause to the ClearBlack AMOLED display as it gives you a best video watching experience and watching movies in pitch dark is recommended.
Nokia 700 has a 5 megapixel camera with fixed focus and works great to capture an image quicker. It has one flaw and that is the close-up shots. The close-up shots are blurry. But photos clicked at normal, the image offers you a nice quality and crispness and that is also due to the AMOLED display. The real shame for Nokia 700 is that it doesn’t feature secondary camera for video calling.
- AMOLED display with ClearBlack Technology.
- Awesome user-interface.
- Simple navigation.
- Comfortable while holding.
- No secondary camera.
- It has only few compatible applications.
- Blurry images in close-up shots.
Key Features Of Nokia 700
- OS: Symbian Belle.
- Processor: 1 GHz ARM 11.
- Camera: 5 megapixels.
- Display: 3.2 inches.
Full Specifications Of Nokia 700
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100.
- Dimensions: 110 x 50.7 x 9.7 mm.
- Weight: 96 g.
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
- Size: 360 x 640 pixels, 3.2 inches.
- Multitouch: Yes.
- Alert types: Vibration, MP3 ringtones.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- 3.5mm jack: Yes.
- Card slot: microSD, up to 32GB.
- Internal: 2 GB storage, 1 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM.
- GPRS: Yes.
- EDGE: Yes.
- Speed: HSDPA, 14.4 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
- Bluetooth: Yes, v3.0 with A2DP, EDR.
- NFC: Yes.
- USB: Yes, v2.0 microUSB.
- Primary: 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, fixed focus, LED flash.
- Features: Geo-tagging, face detection.
- Video: Yes, 720p@30fps.
- Secondary: No.
- OS: Symbian Belle OS.
- CPU: 1 GHz ARM11.
- GPU: 2D/3D Graphics HW Accelerator with OpenVG1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass.
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM.
- Browser: WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML, Adobe Flash Lite.
- Radio: Stereo FM radio with RDS.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support; Nokia Maps 3.06
- Java: Yes, MIDP 2.1
- Colors: Cool Grey, Silver/White, Coral Red, Peacock Blue and Purple
– MP4/H.263/H.264 player.
– MP3/WAV/еAAC+/WMA player.
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1080 mAh (BP-5Z).
- Stand-by: Up to 465 h (2G) / Up to 450 h (3G).
- Talk time: Up to 7 h 10 min (2G) / Up to 4 h 30 min (3G).
- Music play: Up to 47 h.