Categories not showing up.
If you’ve got your Magento store setup, but none of your categories are showing up on the frontend of your site, then you may just need to tweak a couple settings. For the following I’m assuming you are only using the default one store on one web site:
- Create a new Root Category and name it Root Catalog (Is Active = Yes, Is Anchor = No).
- Create a new Subcategory of Root Catalog (Is Active = Yes, Is Anchor = Yes).
- Go to System -> Manage Stores.
- Under the Store Name Heading, click Main Website Store.
- From the Root Category drop-down choose Root Catalog.
- Click the Save Store button in the upper-right corner of the screen.