|Relationship Manager – SME (UAE)|
|United Arab Emirates-SCB|
|To establish, develop and maintain pro-actively a team portfolio of SME corporate customers who require routine as well as complex structured trade finance and other SME Customer Relationship services in order to generate revenue for the Bank through managing the SME Customer relationships professionally subject only to broad guidance and direction on orientation from SCB policies, but with attendant credit responsibility and accountability. Managing of a dedicated support team if prescribed.|
|Key Roles & Responsibilities|
|*Pro-actively establishes, develops and maintains a team portfolio of SME Lending clients ensuring that new relationships or ongoing requirements of existing clients attain maximum revenue within acceptable risk profile requirements by carrying out detailed financial analysis of the client accounts and develops proposals within defined Bank procedures and often creates structured trade finance and treasury transactions and facilities using analytical and constructive thinking with a large degree of evaluative judgement to meet the client needs. Further adopts appropriate relationship management strategies to protect the Bank’s interest at all times e.g. potential defaults and to meet the clients expectations of the relationship with differing situations often requiring varied styles of creation or identification and selection of appropriate solutions.
* Markets to large existing and potential clients the full complement of Lending products and services offered by the Bank, Trade Working Capital, Loans, Overdrafts, etc. including Treasury, Personal Banking and International Private Banking and promotes within Standard Chartered Group opportunities by referring potential relationships to other countries in order that SCB may benefit on a Group basis.
* Manages, trains and appraises a dedicated team in order to develop their Client Relationship skills and motivate them to contribute to achievement of job and team objectives.
*Remains upto date in designated specialist industry thus acting as a technical resource / advisor to Clients Division on matters relating to this industry e.g., proposed new client, provision of market feedback in relation to structure of facilities, product suitability and market trends.
* Contributes to overall strategy formulation in discussions with the Team LeaderHead and Head Medium Enterprise – SME ,UAE, bringing to bear market knowledge, competitor analysis, trade flows and innovative ‘deal’ structures in order that the strategy reflects market.
* Monitors market and competitor activities and strategies to ensure that opportunities for new business and not overlooked and SCB market share retained.
* Identifies through account management potential defaulting accounts and investigates through closer management of the account cause for concern and recommends to the Unit Head appropriate remedial action.
* Manages defaulting accounts by devising an account management strategy e.g., period, suspension of interest, recovery of full debt and then implements the plan with the assistance of external bodies and agencies e.g. police and courts thus minimising losses to the Bank.
* Ensures that all ‘team’ related administrative functions including file maintenance, regular stock inspections, periodic appraisals, training and staff development are competently performed.
* Additional responsibility of running with adhoc SME Banking projects which come up from time to time.
|Qualifications & Skills|
|* Business or accounting related degree. MBA/CA preferred.
* Strong relevant experience in a corporate / SME banking environment, managing corporate / SME client relationships.
* Sound understanding of corporate treasury products, trade finance products, personal banking products and international banking products.
* Strong credit appraisal and marketing skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial information.
* A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of the region.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
* High quality experience in a credit management position with proven ability to manage a team.
*Strong local market experience
*Good knowledge of the Group’s policy, Standards, local regulations and legislation of the prevention of money Laundering.
|How To Apply|
|You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
|The closing date for applications is 22/03/2012. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future. Follow the below link to apply for the job.|