The following JD is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Position: MIS Assistant
Program: Malaria Control Program
Line Manager:M&E Coordinator
Technical Line Manager:M&E Coordinator
Location:Quetta with frequent travel to field
Merlin International Profile
Merlin is the only UK health specialist charity, founded in 1993, which responds worldwide, with vital healthcare and medical relief for vulnerable people affected by natural disasters, conflict and healthcare collapse. Each year, Merlin assists more than 15 million people, in up to 20 countries, through working with local healthcare actors including government, community groups and NGOs.
Merlin is implementing Malaria Control program through strengthening the capacities of existing healthcare delivery systems in selected highly endemic districts of NWFP and Baluchistan provinces with financial assistance from The Global Fund for fight against HIV AIDs, TB and Malaria. The program is implemented in close collaboration with local ministry of health and federal and provincial directorate of malaria control. A core team of technical and non technical workers is being recruited to provide the required support for quality and timely implementation of the project.
The MIS Assistant will work in close coordination and cooperation with the project officer and Training Coordinator to ensure coherence of approaches, donor compliance, proper coordination with all stakeholders, program implementation and share the lesson learned to facilitate communities acceptance. With overall technical guidance from Senior Project officer and direction from the malaria Project Coordinator, the position holder will assist in need assessments, strengthening malaria diagnostic and quality assurance services at provincial and district levels, collect, compile and tabulate program data and provide technical support of partners at all levels.
Program development and Capacity Building
- Assist in development and field testing of data collection and need assessment tools and formats.
- Collect data on Malaria Incidence on weekly/Monthly basis.
- Maintain and keep various data bases updated.
- Arrange district and province base training workshops.
- Keeping record of all malaria centers supported by Merlin
- Collect and computerize program data
- Provide regular feedback on project activities to project officer on regular basis
- Assist Senior project officer in data analysis and preparation of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Regularly update all program files.
- Training in computer software’s
- Knowledge and experience of data management
- Knowledge of statistical packages
- Minimum 1 years International NGO experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent report writing writing skills
- Highly organized and able to follow up on tasks
– Fluent spoken and written English, Urdu and Pushtu
– Database management experience preferably GF projects related
– Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and calm under pressure and difficult security conditions.
– Experience in finances or related issues
– An understanding and interest in logistics
– Good communicator including report and proposal writing skills
– Good team worker; able to live and work closely with the team
Fluent spoken and written English, Urdu and Pashtu
Database management experience preferably GF projects related
Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and calm under pressure and difficult security conditions.
Experience in finances or related issues
An understanding and interest in logistics
Good communicator including report and proposal writing skills
Good team worker; able to live and work closely with the team