- Job Location: Islamabad
- Country: Pakistan
- Positions: 1
- Job Type: Full Time
- Department: Others
- Last Date: 22 March, 2012
Operations Assistant Job Description
The IT/Operations Assistant will report to Operations Manager. Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintain the IT systems and user PCs.
- Provide technical support to users experiencing problems
- Ensure routine procedures and processes are completed on a regular basis as appropriate.
- Help maintain the health of network and other IT infrastructure.
- Configure, install and maintain application software, new PCs and hardware as required.
- Help administer the IT server, including maintaining user accounts.
- Specify and order supplies and new parts from vendors as required.
- Monitor the IT systems on a day to day basis and escalate any issues that arise to the appropriate resources.
- Maintain the database of support issues.
- Proven skills in managing a Windows based network of 40 computers.
- Prepare in-house software for NDI, using programing languages, databases and other software
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Perform buying duties when required
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers after approval Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare suppliers’ bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the Internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered
- Assist Operations Manager in renting apartments/ houses for expat staff
- Assist Operations Manager in monitoring contractor performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary
- Assist Operations Manager in preparation of house and office leases
- Assist Operations Manager in preparation of contracts for services, employment and procurement
- Perform basic administrative support tasks for Security and other related or assigned functions. Work may involve reports, correspondence, letters, and other miscellaneous administrative support documents
- Prepare miscellaneous summaries, tabulations, reports, and spreadsheet documents.
- Also, maintain files and records in compliance with security policy and miscellaneous other security maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Urdu
- At least 1 year experience/internship in IT/Admin field
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Faster learner; quickly incorporates and implement new procedures
- High energy, enthusiastic and dependable individual, excels in challenging environments
- A confident and assertive manner alongside and enthusiastic attitude is essential
Please send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention “IT/Operations Assistant” in subject line. NDI will offer a handsome salary package to the right candidate.DOWNLOAD SOLUTION HERE