Executive Access Network Transmission Planning
To deliver design for an efficient Access Transmission Network for GSM sites under different rollout projects of the company.
· MW Transmission network topology planning for GSM sites.
· Using Transmission planning software tools (Ericsson’s TLP, for example) create link budgets(LBs) for the point-to-point MW links in accordance with network topologies, frequency and capacity planning for any given GSM Project rollout plan. All such budgets would be carried out adhering to the pre-defined KPIs.
· MW frequency planning for the access network ensuring no interference among the MW routes in accordance with the formulated KPIs.
· Produce MW FAB forms following the stipulated templates (‘R03 forms’) of FAB/PTA to apply for clearance of GSM sites as a mandatory requirement of the GSM License awarded to Cellular Operators.
· Prepare traffic routing plan for the planned Access Network comprising PDH/SDH MW links.
· Perform line-of-site(LOS) surveys as an in-house job activity for the planned MW links supported by Telecom riggers/techs.
· Carry out optimization in the operational/planned Access network avoiding unnecessary network resources being engaged inefficiently and help reduce operational costs.
· interaction with own and other team-members at equal working level representing different planning/project functions to meet Transmission Planning related deliverables in an efficient and timely manner.
· Design review and improvement of reportedly troubled MW links.
· Ensuring Access Transmission design meeting 99.995% and 99.999% availabilities for PDH and SDH MW links, respectively.
· MW Links Budgets and associated design documents (network diagrams, backhaul routing plans) are delivered in accordance with Projects timelines set by Business.
· MW frequency interference among individual links no more than 3db(‘Threshold degradation)
· Performance issues related to design and properly analyzed and necessary design changes are done and communicated to Projects/NOQ on priority to ensure as minimum impact on the business as possible.
· MW routes are designed with no less than 30% buffer capacity to allow for unforeseen expansions in the BSS network.
· PTA/FAB forms for the designed MW network are prepared and floated to GR through the defined channels in line with the project rollout priorities/urgencies.
· No LBs/design documents are unreasonably delayed to affect the rollout target adversely.
Proficient in good presentation skills, MS. Office MS. Visio, Software, and Transmission planning tools (Map Info, TLP etc.)
Ability to work under pressures at times.